Monday, December 31, 2007

Panographs, and Security guards

I made a trip to one of my local photo equiptment stores today, to check for any used pentax lenses I might be interested in. Anyway I've decided to keep my new 28mm 2.8 lens on my camera for a while to see how well it suits me as a walk around lens. Within an easy walk of the photo store there is a complex of new comercial office buildings, and I decided it would be a great day to walk around and take some pictures of the area. I use no tripod, and I work quickly ( don't want to be a nuisance) I shot a lot of Images with the specific intent of stitching them together in photoshop. The above is an example of 5 images merged in photoshop, and then corrected for perspective. Anyway as I was headed around the far side of the buildings you see in the photo, going back towards my car, A security guard in a small car came raceing upbeside/in front of me, and stopped and jumped out and said "would you mind stepping over here?" I replied "I don't think so" and began to walk away briskly (I had no intention of surrendering my photographs) at this point he yelled " you're under arrest" Well this seemed like a rather serious escalation in the hostilities, so I did the only sensable thing I could think of under the circumstances: I RAN. Since the guard was about 3 times my size, (but not that much taller) I didn't think there was much of a chance he could catch me on foot. And the layout of the streets and parking lots didn't give him much of an option to chase me in his car.
I ran till I reached the Borders Book store about 1/2 mile away, and layed low for about 1/2 an hour before going back to retreive my car. It's possible that I had other options, but I wasn't willling to give up my photos, and prospects for a successfull confrontation didn't seem likely. And I had a had a new years eve party to host.
I hope you like the picture.
Levi

No comments: